SWF Tools is a collection of SWF manipulation and creation utilities written by Rainer B?hme and Matthias Kramm. It is released under the GPL.
- PDF2SWF A PDF to SWF Converter. Generates one frame per page. Enables you to have fully formatted text, including tables, formulas etc. inside your Flash Movie. It's based on the xpdf PDF parser from Derek B. Noonburg.
- SWFCombine A tool for inserting SWFs into Wrapper SWFs. (Templates) E.g. for including the pdf2swf SWFs in some sort of Browsing-SWF.
- SWFStrings Scans SWFs for text data.
- SWFDump Prints out various informations about SWFs.
- JPEG2SWF Takes one or more JPEG pictures and generates a SWF slideshow.
- PNG2SWF Like JPEG2SWF, only for PNGs.
- GIF2SWF Converts GIFs to SWF. Also able to handle animated gifs.
- WAV2SWF Converts WAV audio files to SWFs, using the L.A.M.E. MP3 encoder library.
- AVI2SWF Converts AVI animation files to SWF. It supports Flash MX H.263 compression. Some examples can be found at examples.html.
- Font2SWF Converts font files (TTF, Type1) to SWF.
- SWFBBox Allows to readjust SWF bounding boxes.
- SWFC A tool for creating SWF files from simple script files.
- SWFExtract Allows to extract Movieclips, Sounds, Images etc. from SWF files.
- RFXSWF Library A fully featured library which can be used for standalone SWF generation. Includes support for Bitmaps, Buttons, Shapes, Text, Fonts, Sound etc. It also has support for ActionScript using the Ming ActionCompiler.
SWFTools has been reported to work on Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, HP-UX, MacOS X and Windows 98/ME/2000/XP.