Merapi:A software bridge between Adobe AIR applications and Java
you can find more information here.
Dear Merapi Alpha Community!
You've been waiting for a long time for us to get our final ducks in a row, and we can't tell you how much we appreciate everyone who has signed up being so patient with us as we put the final touches on the code for Merapi (and squashed some last minute bugs).
Well, THE WAIT IS OVER! Last evening Adam packaged up our very first Alpha RC 1 Build! While not as far as we plan to ultimately take Merapi, it seems to be bug free and functioning rather nicely!
Now the real fun begins! It is time for all of you to download and begin to use our code in your own experiments, share your work with us, help us figure out what to do next, and hopefully work with the rest of the Alpha user group to build some really killer applications.
A couple of things you need to know:
1) I am going through the list of registered Alpha users and officially "activating" your accounts. If you have not already received an automatic email from the http://www.merapiproject.net Web site, you should be getting it before the night is over.
2) Go to http://www.merapiproject.net and login with your name and password. After logging in, you will see a special menu on your right. This menu has links to the download area, forums, AND to our bug tracking system. Please download the code and work with us and one another to really get information flowing about Merapi, etc.
- Login at www.merapiproject.net
- Click on "Downloads"
- Click on the "Source Code" Folder
- Choose the File that is visible.
- Scroll down and accept the alpha license (this may change over time)
- Get to work!
3) We are in Alpha. You have been selected to participate in this because we really feel you can help add something to the project and we thank you for spending your time doing so! We also can't wait to see how you are going to be using our code.
4) IMPORTANT: Remember, Merapi is in Alpha, is not yet public, and uses open source code from Adobe's Blaze Data Services, which you can also use for non-commercial use. We recommend that before you plan on taking over the world with your Java & Flex/AIR application that you keep that in mind!
5) We've created both ASDocs and JavaDocs for the Merapi Code. You will see that, along with the base code and a sample "hello world" application all as part of the downloadable .ZIP file. We need help documenting things down the road, so if you'd like to help us out with that, your time and energy will be greatly appreciated!
5) Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
We will be checking in on the http://merapiproject.net Web site tonight and for the rest of this week, and while we plan on answering as many questions as possible, are really hoping that all of you in the community can begin to help one another!
Thanks all! Let's get coding!!!!!
The Merapi Team